Update September 26, 2020 – BUS PICKUP LOCATION CHANGE TO EXIT 2 Jiantan MRT (Red line)
Update September 25, 2020 – Cut Times
21 km Runners
Runners of 21km will be changed to 12km distance if they don’t make it to the 12/21km split by 10:00 am (approximately 5km from start). It is also possible to change voluntarily before 10:00 am. Please follow the instructions of the staff at the 12/21 km split.
Cut time (DNF) in cpA2 for 21km is 1:00 pm, after this time you will be stopped and transferred to the venue by car.
如有21k 的參賽者無法在10am 前抵達 12K/21K 的分叉處（約起跑後5Km), 不好意思我們將會把你降到12K組。如在關門時間前抵達,但評估自身體力後也可以選者自行降組。我們的賽道志工會幫您處理。
21km 組 CPA2 的關門（DNF）時間是 1:00pm, 被關門後請在 CP 耐心等候，我們會有車輛載您回到會場。
12km and 8km Runners/Hikers
12K組 與 8K組
There is no cut time for 12km and 8km distances. But please consider your strengths, you may withdraw from the race at checkpoint A. Please wait at the checkpoint to be transferred to the venue.
12K組 與 8K組 並沒有關門時間限制。但是請各位好好地自行評估體能狀況。如有身體不適，可以選擇在 CPA 棄賽，我們在那裡也會設有車子接送回會場。
Update September 20, 2020
BUSES ARE SOLD OUT – RECOMMENDED TRANSPORTATION, TAXI FROM JIANKANG MRT TO VENUE.
Update September 15, 2020
Hi Runners, you should have received our update email a few days ago with information about the rescheduled event. Follow the link below for details. We cover:
Race Pack Pickup Info 領取物資
Getting There Information – Recommend Shuttle Bus or Public Transport
活動交通資訊 – 強力建議搭乘我們的接駁車或運用大眾運輸工具
COVID-19 Announcement 新型冠狀病毒（COVID-19）公告 – 3/30
- 部份退費： 報名費扣除1000元 。舉例：如果您是以1550元報名 12km 組，您將得到共550元的退費。 有關此費用的詳細資訊，請參見常見問題回答。
- 如果您確定選擇取消參加，請務必在4月6日，11:59PM 之前填寫連結上的表單https://forms.gle/eF35UT2QpDWJUJFV7。
虛擬賽事內容：我們邀請您將賽事路線圖下載到GPX手錶或智慧型手機，在Strava上記錄您的比賽，並在FB上的Explore Your Backyard活動頁面上分享您的成就連結。我們將抽獎抽出5名參與者，同時我們還將公布最快的男子組和女子組完賽時間。
Explore Your Backyard 2020 Postponement Announcement Regarding Corona Virus (Covid-19)
We believe that taking abundance of caution is the right way to act right now. So although it is with a heavy heart that we’re postponing Explore Your Backyard 2020, we are confident that it is the right decision.
The new date for Explore Your Backyard 2020 is now set for September 27, 2020.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT DAY OF TRAIL RUNNING COMPETITION AND HOPE ALL OF YOU CAN STILL JOIN US ON THAT DATE.
+ Please note that the packet pickup will be scheduled for a date in the future and announced via the event website and email.
+ If you cannot participate in the event on the new date, please see our updated cancellation policy below.
+ If you have any further questions, please read our FAQ below.
OPTIONAL CANCELLATION POLICY:
We highly encourage all registered participants to save the date of September 27th, and partake in the event. However, if you are not able to participate in the event, we have prepared the following cancelation package:
+ All runners who wish to cancel their participation in the event are entitled to the race pack and finisher gifts from the organizers. They will be available at race pack pickup, and will include 1) the event T-shirt, 2) event Buff, 3) a choice of reusable runner cup or running bib belt, as well as 4) a pre-race and 5) a post-race nutrition gift from Runivore.
+ We will also include an event voucher for participation in a future Runivore event such as the Great Stair Challenge or equivalent.
+ The runners will also be eligible for a partial cash refund in the amount of [REGISTRATION AMOUNT minus $1000 NTD CANCELATION FEE]. For example, if you signed up for the 12km event and paid 1550 NTD, you will receive the race pack along with a 550 NTD partial refund.
See FAQ for details about this fee.
If you do choose to cancel your participation, you must respond by April 6th, 11:59PM by filling out the cancelation form.
VIRTUAL RACE DETAILS
We know you’ve all trained hard for Explore Your Backyard and we don’t want your efforts to go to waste. We invite you all to participate in the Explore Your Backyard virtual race while we wait for September 27th to run the course for real!
Why: The course is set, the race GPX is published, you are trained, so now it’s time to see your best time for the course. It will also be good practice for the postponed race date.
What: We invite you to download the course map onto your GPX watch or smartphone and run the course. Record your race on Strava and share a link to your accomplishments on Explore Your Backyard event page on FB. We will have a prize drawing for 5 participants and we will also announce the fastest known times of the fastest male and female runners.
When: You must complete the race at any time between April 5 – April 12, and you must upload a link to your Strava record or screenshot before midnight on April 12th.
Note that this is a completely self supported event and you are completely responsible for yourself during this virtual race.
Why is the event postponed, isn’t running outdoors safe?
We agree that running outdoors is safe, however, we are making this decision out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with recently published guidelines by CDC Taiwan for large gatherings.
Do I have to do anything to re-register for the new date?
No. All registered runners will be automatically registered for the new event. Only if you want to cancel, you have to fill out the cancellation form.
I live out of town and need to cancel, can I have my registration pack shipped to my house?
Yes, if you cancel and your address is outside of Taipei area, then we can ship it to your address. Please leave your shipping address including name in Chinese and postal code, along with any instructions in the notes section of the cancellation form.
Why can’t I get a full refund if I can’t participate in the event?
Please note that the organizers never intended to cancel the event and worked tirelessly to try and make it happen on the scheduled date. We also integrated many new policies and plans to make the race as safe as possible. This also involved preparing a new timing system that doesn’t require physically touching all the runners and investing in new bibs that work with that system.
We ask that you understand that Explore Your Backyard is an event put together by a small business, not a big brand with large financial backing behind it, and that most of the costs associated with putting the event have already been incurred. The many partners we work with have already delivered the event specific T-shirts, buffs, banners, medals, and bibs.
Note also that there are many ‘hidden’ costs that you the runners will never see. These are planning costs, design costs, facility registration costs, marketing costs, volunteer recruitment costs. All of these take place in the months prior to the event and add up to hundreds of hours. Postponing the event will add even more ‘hidden’ costs as it will require additional planning and organizing.
Again, we don’t feel well about having to postpone the course, and we ask for your understanding regarding the partial refund policy.
新型冠狀病毒（COVID-19）公告 – 3/26
致所有 2020 EYB 的参加者：
在全球疫情肆虐的艱難時期，住在台灣的我們真的很幸福。我們感謝現任政府、醫療界以及所有幫助台灣對抗疫情的人的努力。作為比賽的主辦方，我們必須盡所能的不讓疫情因為活動而出現破口。雖然我們很想以最好的品質將活動如期呈現給各位參加者，但由於最近境外返台的 COVID-19 案件不斷增加，在此我們宣布Explore Your Backyard 2020活動將延期舉辦。
主辦方 — Runivore 與 Beast Runners 敬上
To Explore Your Backyard participants,
In these trying times of a global pandemic, living in Taiwan is a blessing. We are thankful to the efforts of the current administration, the health community, and all involved in helping Taiwan be as safe as it is. As race organizers, we have to do our part to continue and keep our community safe. So, as much as we would love to hold Explore Your Backyard 2020 event as planned, due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases associated with people returning to Taiwan, we are now announcing that the Explore Your Backyard 2020 event will be postponed.
We are now finalizing a new date for the event, and will announce it on Monday March 30th. We are also considering the details for a partial refund for those participants who will not be able to participate in Explore Your Backyard on the new date. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this time of uncertainty.
Sincerely, The organizers – Runivore and Beast Runners
賽事期間 – 檢查站
賽後 – 比賽場地
Explore Your Backyard and COVID-19
We understand and share the concerns of people around the world and specifically in Taiwan regarding the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. We are committed to the health and well-being of all of our participants and their families.
We also recognize that the situation is dynamic and evolves each day. To the greatest extent possible, Explore Your Backyard will be implementing the following preventive measures and controls to ensure the health and safety of our runners, race volunteers, and staff. This plan has been put in place in accordance with the guidelines published by the Center of Disease Control Taiwan with regards to large gatherings.
We continue to monitor the events on the ground and reserve the right to further modify these plans and if necessary take action that’s in-line with the health and safety of all involved.
In order to keep you informed, we plan on issuing another update on March 26th.
The following rules and restrictions are being applied to the participants, staff, and volunteers for the event.
- No overseas participants are allowed to participate in the event. We’ve contacted participants from outside of Taiwan and have canceled their participation in this year’s event with a rollover option to participate in the next Explore Your Backyard event.
- No one who has traveled overseas to any of the countries identified as Level 2 or Level 3 threat within 14 days of the event are able to participate in the event. We will report any participants to the authorities who attempt to participate in the event despite having recently traveled to a threat area.
- No one who is shown to have a temperature reading of 37.5 forehead reading or higher will be allowed to participate in the event.
- We recommend runners do not bring family members to the event.
Race Pack Pickup
- Participants and staff will wear masks during pack pickup.
- Participants should use the provided sanitizer prior to picking up their pack.
- Participants should try and come for pickup during non-peak hours (lunch or late evening) so that we try to keep congestion to a minimum.
- The finisher gift and medal will be included in the race pack at the time of pickup.
- Participants should bring a signed entry disclaimer: www.event.beast.run/waiver
Before Race (before entry to venue)
- In the week prior to race start, all race participants, staff and volunteers must conduct self observation and if show any flu like symptoms should stay home.
- All participants taking public transportation and buses to the event must wear masks on the way to the event.
- Everyone participating in the event will have their temperature measured prior to entering the venue. No one who is shown to have a temperature reading of 37.5 forehead reading or higher will be allowed to participate in the event.
- All participants should wash their hands or use sanitizer immediately after entering the venue.
- It is recommend not to shake hands with friends (Use Vulcan salute instead, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrXKlO2Jbw)
- It is recommend to wear a face mask before the race starts and keep distance between participants. It’s a long race there will be time to catch up to the leaders.
During The Run – Checkpoints
- It is recommended for runners to bring their own water supply and energy supply for the event.
- The water refilling stations will only be operated by dedicated servers wearing masks and gloves.
- Energy supplies will take the form of energy bars and whole fruit to minimize interaction with the food.
- Food serving stations will be sanitized often.
- Timing will not be done by touching chips, it will be done visually and through the use of RFID.
- All runners must wear their bib on the front. It must be clearly visible for visual inspection. Runners should slow down at time checkpoints and especially at the finish line.
After the Run – Venue
- All runners will receive a post-race packet with their medal, finisher gift and snack already packed. Organizers will not be placing medals on individual runners.
- Timing at the finish will be done via RFID and by writing for backup. No touching of runners.
- All runners should wash and or sanitize their hands immediately after the event.
- It is recommended not to linger after the event.
Non-eligible or Non-running Participants
For those participants who choose not to participate in the event, or who have been disallowed to participate due to travel restrictions, they will be eligible to pick up their race pack including post race gift during packet pickup.