2021 Explore Your Backyard Date & Location Announced
Hey Runners, we’re very excited to be going back to the Hills of Tucheng for Explore Your Backyard 2021 – we will have 3 distances – The Tough 23k, The Fast 13k, and The Fun 8k.
Please note, the safety announcement from last year still holds true for our 2021 event.
賽事期間 – 檢查站
賽後 – 比賽場地
Explore Your Backyard and COVID-19
We understand and share the concerns of people around the world and specifically in Taiwan regarding the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. We are committed to the health and well-being of all of our participants and their families.
We also recognize that the situation is dynamic and evolves each day. To the greatest extent possible, Explore Your Backyard will be implementing the following preventive measures and controls to ensure the health and safety of our runners, race volunteers, and staff. This plan has been put in place in accordance with the guidelines published by the Center of Disease Control Taiwan with regards to large gatherings.
We continue to monitor the events on the ground and reserve the right to further modify these plans and if necessary take action that’s in-line with the health and safety of all involved.
The following rules and restrictions are being applied to the participants, staff, and volunteers for the event.
- No overseas participants are allowed to participate in the event. We’ve contacted participants from outside of Taiwan and have canceled their participation in this year’s event with a rollover option to participate in the next Explore Your Backyard event.
- No one who has traveled overseas to any of the countries identified as Level 2 or Level 3 threat within 14 days of the event are able to participate in the event. We will report any participants to the authorities who attempt to participate in the event despite having recently traveled to a threat area.
- No one who is shown to have a temperature reading of 37.5 forehead reading or higher will be allowed to participate in the event.
- We recommend runners do not bring family members to the event.
Race Pack Pickup
- Participants and staff will wear masks during pack pickup.
- Participants should use the provided sanitizer prior to picking up their pack.
- Participants should try and come for pickup during non-peak hours (lunch or late evening) so that we try to keep congestion to a minimum.
- The finisher gift and medal will be included in the race pack at the time of pickup.
- Participants should bring a signed entry disclaimer: www.event.beast.run/waiver
Before Race (before entry to venue)
- In the week prior to race start, all race participants, staff and volunteers must conduct self observation and if show any flu like symptoms should stay home.
- All participants taking public transportation and buses to the event must wear masks on the way to the event.
- Everyone participating in the event will have their temperature measured prior to entering the venue. No one who is shown to have a temperature reading of 37.5 forehead reading or higher will be allowed to participate in the event.
- All participants should wash their hands or use sanitizer immediately after entering the venue.
- It is recommend not to shake hands with friends (Use Vulcan salute instead, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrXKlO2Jbw)
- It is recommend to wear a face mask before the race starts and keep distance between participants. It’s a long race there will be time to catch up to the leaders.
During The Run – Checkpoints
- It is recommended for runners to bring their own water supply and energy supply for the event.
- The water refilling stations will only be operated by dedicated servers wearing masks and gloves.
- Energy supplies will take the form of energy bars and whole fruit to minimize interaction with the food.
- Food serving stations will be sanitized often.
- Timing will not be done by touching chips, it will be done visually and through the use of RFID.
- All runners must wear their bib on the front. It must be clearly visible for visual inspection. Runners should slow down at time checkpoints and especially at the finish line.
After the Run – Venue
- All runners will receive a post-race packet with their medal, finisher gift and snack already packed. Organizers will not be placing medals on individual runners.
- Timing at the finish will be done via RFID and by writing for backup. No touching of runners.
- All runners should wash and or sanitize their hands immediately after the event.
- It is recommended not to linger after the event.
Non-eligible or Non-running Participants
For those participants who choose not to participate in the event, or who have been disallowed to participate due to travel restrictions, they will be eligible to pick up their race pack including post race gift during packet pickup.